Jacque Amadi: Adorned by Chi
1) WHO ARE YOU? TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF, HEY, EVEN BRAG A LITTLE.
My name is Jacque and I'm a marketing professional, well former I suppose, and current owner and operator of cutesy lifestyle brand Adorned by Chi.
2) TELL US ABOUT THE WORK YOU ARE DOING AND WHY IT IS IMPORTANT.
My goal is to not only sell cute clothing and accessories but also show how multi-faceted Black women are and can be. We can be weird, we can be nerdy, we can be quirky and we can be cute! The imagery in my store has always and will always represent that. I've been inspired by Janelle Monae ever since the first time I heard her sing "I'm an alien from outerspace"! I had never heard a Black woman in entertainment embrace her quirkiness the way Janelle does and it really made me embrace who I was.
3) WHAT HAVE BEEN SOME CHALLENGES IN PURSUING THIS WORK?
It gets super overwhelming running everything on my own, but I know this period will pass as I'm able to grow and outsource certain tasks.
4) WHERE AND HOW CAN WE SUPPORT YOU IN YOUR QUEST?
Take a look at all the great clothing and accessories for a boost of self-confidence.
5) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MANTRA?
"Punch fear in the face."